Skip to main content

Moxie Style Education!


My friends, please meet a great multi-talented artist and dear friend, Kris Catoe.
Kris used to work with me at Rococo Hair Design (where yours truly presently works) a few years ago.  Ok, it was a lot of years ago but don't be bringing me down. 
He is a laugh riot and as a hairdresser, well.... he's got skills.
But that's not all. 
This fella is also an Assemblage Artist.  He's got some incredible pieces that are just so interesting and unique.  Definitely like nothing I've seen before.  
He's got a show in September; I'll post some pics of his work for you all to enjoy
and a way to purchase, if you feel so moved.   
Kris, who now owns The Moxie Salon in Gadsden, Al., was kind enough to invite me to a Rusk Color class he was hosting .  So, yea, I love those Learning Mondays so you know I was too happy to accept.  Getting to catch up with my friend and grow in some Rusk knowledge,....well, it was a WIN WIN.


Here is Rusk educator,SuBee, demonstrating some new sectioning techniques for color. Loved SuBee.  Don't know if I loved her work or her name more?  What a cool name, huh?
 Side note: I seriously need a name change.  I love my name, Jenny and Jenny Leigh but you know how it is.  Some hairdressers have the coolest names.  And let's face it, if they have a cool name and a British accent-BOOM- we automatically want to pay them more!!!

  *sigh* But I digress.
(I jest about my name Mama. You know I love it.:-) muah)

 I have already used several of the new techniques in the salon to muchos success.
I've used Rusk products in the past so it was good to get back in there and hear
what it's all about now.
**For you at home, a super new color look would be**
 trying two colors of blonde on the top of the head, above the pariatal ridge. 
I believe "Betty", our lovely mannequin model, received a deeper golden blonde
on the edge and a couple of shades lighter near the top of the head. 
Does that make sense?
Sounds funny but it's really pretty beautiful.
The underneath blonde blends seamlessly with the lower level of the natural hair as well as the soft, yet brighter top blonde.  The dimension is gorgeous.  Thanks SuBee!!
I enjoyed learning about the color line and def came away with some
inspiring new looks for my clients.

   With SuBee


With Subee and Tammi. 

Tammi is also a Rusk educator who was helping out.
Really enjoyed meeting them both.  So if ya'll are reading this, Thanks again for answering a million questions and not booting me out after coming in late.
 Hopefully we'll run into each other again.
 Side note: a piece of Kris' artwork is in the background.
 

I am working on finding someone to do this!
Who's ready for the modern day bi-level??
Not sure what Rusk calls this but buddy I am putting this on somebody SOON!
 Would you do it??



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Ya think??

I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll. No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity.  And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that . She has patience that I can only hope for. She has an ability to think things and NOT say them. She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;  but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place. She loves helping people anyway she can. She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing. And she' not going to tell you about it either. Oh my friends, God made her good.  So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year. I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *) But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before. A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have. Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck. I'm not th

Beauty and the Bible The Collection pt. 3 "Fierce"

In my style session with God as Master Stylist, I'm coming across some incredible pieces. He's already dressed me in "Salvation" (Psalm 149:4) which I am loving! It's such a good fit I think I will let it double as my Spanx (s omething's got to pull in the flaws and help me be more pleasing to the eye. haha ). So my Salvation stays on. Then I hit the mini runway in "Active Wear". This was a fun look with lots of energy. It was a light, bright outfit that could take me everywhere ( Eph 5:8,9). It had great shoes too. Once I put on my Gospel boots, I was good to go ( Eph 6:15). Ok , I am so excited to see what's next. This outfit is definitely different than the previous two. Tyra Banks comes to mind. Whether you've seen her TV show or not, I'm sure you've seen this super model's trademark look. She has very proudly made the word "fierce" synonymous with her identity. And if you don't mind, I'll snag her word