Skip to main content

Sleek Half Up Do

Sleek Half Up Do

How is this for an unconventional spin on a conservative Half Up Do?
It's complex and simple at the same time.
A definite show stopper. 
Make you do a double take kind of show stopper.

                                               

My model is Martha.  
Martha was looking to keep her hair out of her face but still wanted high style.
So to prep we used Moroccanoil Repair Shampoo and Conditioner.
Moroccanoil Treatment Oil to detangle and protect.
MO Volumizing Mousse for control then blow dry.
Added a bit more Treatment to her tresses and 
using the Brocato Vibrastrait Flatiron 
gave Martha the perfect sleek locks she needed.


Sectioning the hair from ear over crown to ear gave us what we need to work with.
Put the lower half of the hair in a low pony to keep it out of the way.
Make 5 triangular sections from the face (widest section) to the point at the crown.
Made sure to make your largest section the one in the center above the eyes.
Comb each section back to the crown and tie the hair as if tieing your shoes then pin down. 


Once all sections have a knot, then combine all the ends of the knots together.
Secure with a clear elastic.
You now have one long ponytail with 5 knots at the top.


Take a strand of hair underneath the pony, one on the right and one on the left.
Then wrap the strand around the elastic and then criss cross your way down the 
hair shaft and secure with another clear elastic.


Now release the lowest ponytail to reveal your half up half down look.
A little Game of Thrones influence, don't you think?  
Alright, now go make sure you make the MOST of this day.
Don't just HALF do it.  
LOL



Comments

  1. Loved this step by step tutorial. I love applying these to my long hairs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Unstructured Natural Looking Waves

Isn't she BeAuTiFuL???  She is and has a personality that is just as gorgeous!! This is Lucy and she's a gem even with her normally straight, slightly coarse hair.  Here's how we took her from straight to silky, bouncy, super natural looking waves . We scored 2 different looks.  And YOU can too with this simple but unique process.  Here we go... If you're starting with clean hair then you've got to dirty it up a bit.  I used Kenra Firm Hold Mousse all over on dry hair.  Then added Brocato's Rootfix from the scalp and up the hairshaft about 2 1/2".  Love this stuff.  It makes it rough without feeling hard or stiff.  Then did a semi-rough blow out til the hair was comepletely dry again. Starting with the nape, section the hair off into 2x2" sections.  Pull the strands out and twist. Twist the strands back to the head and secure with roller set pins or hair pins. Repeat until all the hair is twisted and secured except for the bang area.  Make a bar

Ya think??

I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll. No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity.  And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that . She has patience that I can only hope for. She has an ability to think things and NOT say them. She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;  but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place. She loves helping people anyway she can. She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing. And she' not going to tell you about it either. Oh my friends, God made her good.  So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year. I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *) But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before. A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have. Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck. I'm not th