Skip to main content

Ya think??


I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll.
No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity. 
And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that.
She has patience that I can only hope for.
She has an ability to think things and NOT say them.
She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;
 but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place.
She loves helping people anyway she can.
She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing.
And she' not going to tell you about it either.
Oh my friends, God made her good. 

So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year.
I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *)
But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before.
A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have.
Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck.
I'm not these things. 
I've seriously turned into the most lame person I know.
I won't bore you with the list of all the lame things that I am but I will let you know how it made me feel to think that maybe, just maybe, my Mama STILL thought I was what was written on the card.

Daring:   I definitely USED to be
Ambitious:    Again, USED to be
Unique:    I guess, who knows?
Gorgeous:  Well hardly, but this is my Mama we're talking about here and
 I'm sure she thought that at one time 
Hard working:   Maybe this one still applies.  Maybe
Talented:  Um,...NOT
Entertaining:    When I was little and could get away with it.
Remarkable:   That would be nice. 

Whether she actually READ this card, I don't know.  But I know for a little over 7 months now I have had this card sitting in my bathroom mirror to remind me of the girl I USED to be. 

Is she still in there?

Do I still have what it takes to - DO???

I thought if I had it there to remind me every day that I would act on it.
If you know me at all then you know I have a saying,
"Live who you want to be".
I don't know if I made that up or if I heard it somewhere but I've always thought if you want to
be a better Christian, then LIVE like a more devoted Christian.
If you want to be a healthy person, LIVE like a healthy person.
If you want to succeed, then LIVE like a successful person.
You get the picture.

I am praying for God to help me
LIVE LIKE THE PERSON HE HAS CREATED ME TO BE
At this time in my life
With my husband that I have
with my sweet children that I have
with the resources that I have
with the spot I am currently in.

It's a tall order.  Or is it?? 
I still have 5 months left in this 43rd year of my life to recapture the woman that I USED to be.
To make me the new, improved version of me.
For such a time as this.

As I was reminded of Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.

Thanks to Andrea and David who reminded me of this yesterday while playing out on the lake.
I saw the reference tattooed on David's back.  Haha
See God uses all things for our good and I needed to see that yesterday.
I almost tried to snag the "Daring" title by surfing behind the boat but
I think my son's embarrassment would've taken away any happiness that I would've felt. 
So I decided to hold off on the water surfing.
But there's still lots of lake weather here in Alabama, so ya never know ;-)



Here is my most recent pic of me with my Mama.
Sorry, no editing.
And sorry to my Mama.  Kind of mauling her a little bit.
LOL 

Comments

  1. Oh, my! Good stuff, Jenny Leigh! You have inspired me yet again! Thanks, I needed that, and I agree - you do have the best Mama in the world! ... me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We scored in that department. And to be quite honest, I scored all the way around. I think my siblings are pretty awesome too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, Jenny. You truly ARE awesome and it doesn't take "your" mom to see it. I am blessed and honored to know you and to call you my friend. And, I love, love, love that you honor your mom this way. Just another awesomeness trait you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, I am certainly honored to know you and your family too. Ya'll have definitely been a blessing to us. It's so cool how God puts those great, encouraging friends in our lives.
      Thanks so much for reading. I appreciate it. I know it's hard to take time between motorcycle trips!
      Haha Love you!

      Delete
  4. I really love this. When I see a Mom and daughter duo full of love it just warms my heart!! Thanks for your kind words on my blog, I will follow!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon,
      I appreciate it. Mommy's are special and the older I get, and the longer I am a mom I see just how special they are. They love us no matter what. Got to love that!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unstructured Natural Looking Waves

Isn't she BeAuTiFuL???  She is and has a personality that is just as gorgeous!! This is Lucy and she's a gem even with her normally straight, slightly coarse hair.  Here's how we took her from straight to silky, bouncy, super natural looking waves . We scored 2 different looks.  And YOU can too with this simple but unique process.  Here we go... If you're starting with clean hair then you've got to dirty it up a bit.  I used Kenra Firm Hold Mousse all over on dry hair.  Then added Brocato's Rootfix from the scalp and up the hairshaft about 2 1/2".  Love this stuff.  It makes it rough without feeling hard or stiff.  Then did a semi-rough blow out til the hair was comepletely dry again. Starting with the nape, section the hair off into 2x2" sections.  Pull the strands out and twist. Twist the strands back to the head and secure with roller set pins or hair pins. Repeat until all the hair is twisted and secured except for the bang area.  Make a bar

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Beauty & the Bible The Collection pt 4: "Ocean"

Moving on. If you're new to the blog, PLEASE go back and read the 3 previous entries. I know it'll be worth it. And thanks, I'm glad you're here! As a recap, I'm imagining God as my personal stylist. I've tried on 3 looks so far during my style session. You've got to read all about it. "Salvation", "Active Wear", and "Fierce". All very different looks but equally essential parts of this collection. As I look around for my next look I feel God going in a very different direction. A bit more serene. --I've been saved---I'm running here, there, and everywhere---I've even done some spriritual battle. But I can feel a draw that is pulling me to an outfit that's not so much for show but more for a comfortable, sweet, bonding time. I can't help but think of white, light, gauzy like material. So of course I imagine that God has planted me on the beach. In the late afternoon I can feel the light warmth