Skip to main content

Inspirational Daddy-O!

Inspirational Daddy-O!

This blog is supposed to include things that "inspire".
So in honor of my Daddy's 78th birthday, two days ago, I will dedicate this post to him.
Most commonly known as "Daddy-O", this man has indeed inspired me.


I have been told that I look like my beautiful mother.
  And I appreciate it for the compliment that it is. 
I introduced you to her in the post  Ya think?? 
(would love for you to read it if you haven't already)
She is still all that I said she was and more.  She just gets better with time. :-)
We share many of the same traits
but my personality is definitely from my Daddy.
He loves to make people smile and laugh.  And he's very good at it too. 
Often when he meets someone for the first time he will ask them if they 
"need a little money".
 And of course everyone replies, "oh yes, I could use a little money".
  Then he proceeds to hand them several miniature coins.
It's "little" money.
  They look like real money coins except that they are super tiny.
 *Leaving a memorable mark on whoever he meets*
That's Daddy-O.
     
Now my father is a creative person.  One of the most creative people I know.
 He's not a painter or a musician but a "creator",  a "thinker", "a doer". 
 He is always full of ideas.  I can remember growing up with him
 constantly doing things to make me think.
  He is a problem solver and has unbelievable people skills.
  And did I mention he is funny?
  Oh my gosh he is so funny. 

One of the neatest things about Daddy-O is his strong desire
 to "leave this earth better than he found it".
It's not just a saying he has but he lives it.
  He has taken Christ's example and puts it to work in his own life.
  I can't tell you the number of times I've seen him help someone 
just because they need help.
 There is a small church that he passes everyday as he leaves his neighborhood.
  The church's sign out front was very old and tattered
 to the point you could hardly read it.  
Well, Daddy-O has a sign business.  So one night he stopped by 
and took measurements of the worn church sign.  
He made a new sign for the church and replaced it in the middle of the night.  
I really wish I could've been there when the members drove up 
and saw their brand new sign!!
  He never told them what he did.
That's just one of many neat stories I could tell of my Daddy.  
    

Even though he is always looking forward, he enjoys a few things from the past.
For starters, he declares the 50's as the best decade ever.
  And I kind of think he is probably right on that
 (however, the 80's were pretty tripindicular).

He loves the music of the 50's and the clothes.
  But without a doubt his favorite dream car is from the 30's.  A 34 Ford.  
He loves some car shows.  And he loves fast cars.  Or really anything that goes fast.
  He raced cars as a young man.  He was in the Air Navy.
 Just a few of his hobbies have included dirt bike riding,
 street bike riding on power bikes, 
roller skating (owning his own speed skates with psycho pig wheels), 
wave runners, loves being on his pontoon boat with my mama, 
flying his new camera drone, and most recently 
he zip lined on a cruise ship at 100ft in the air! 

 He loves life is what he loves!!


And he loves his family

He never misses any opportunity to pray with us and to lead us to God's word.  
Not because he is so righteous but because it has been healing to his soul.
Because God has been good to him and he wants that for others.
He is not perfect and he would want me to tell you that so I will.
But what he really is... is inspiring.


Inspirational Daddy-O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Unstructured Natural Looking Waves

Isn't she BeAuTiFuL???  She is and has a personality that is just as gorgeous!! This is Lucy and she's a gem even with her normally straight, slightly coarse hair.  Here's how we took her from straight to silky, bouncy, super natural looking waves . We scored 2 different looks.  And YOU can too with this simple but unique process.  Here we go... If you're starting with clean hair then you've got to dirty it up a bit.  I used Kenra Firm Hold Mousse all over on dry hair.  Then added Brocato's Rootfix from the scalp and up the hairshaft about 2 1/2".  Love this stuff.  It makes it rough without feeling hard or stiff.  Then did a semi-rough blow out til the hair was comepletely dry again. Starting with the nape, section the hair off into 2x2" sections.  Pull the strands out and twist. Twist the strands back to the head and secure with roller set pins or hair pins. Repeat until all the hair is twisted and secured except for the bang area.  Make a bar

Beauty & the Bible The Collection pt 4: "Ocean"

Moving on. If you're new to the blog, PLEASE go back and read the 3 previous entries. I know it'll be worth it. And thanks, I'm glad you're here! As a recap, I'm imagining God as my personal stylist. I've tried on 3 looks so far during my style session. You've got to read all about it. "Salvation", "Active Wear", and "Fierce". All very different looks but equally essential parts of this collection. As I look around for my next look I feel God going in a very different direction. A bit more serene. --I've been saved---I'm running here, there, and everywhere---I've even done some spriritual battle. But I can feel a draw that is pulling me to an outfit that's not so much for show but more for a comfortable, sweet, bonding time. I can't help but think of white, light, gauzy like material. So of course I imagine that God has planted me on the beach. In the late afternoon I can feel the light warmth